Using this shrub in your next cocktail can lend a more complex and refreshing flavor!
- 1 cup strawberries hulled and chopped
- 1 cup mixed berries blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries - chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 oz white wine vinegar
Before You Begin
- For the mixed berries, you can use any combination of berries in addition to the strawberries (we prefer to use at least two), and you can substitute frozen for fresh.
- Toss blueberries and strawberries with sugar in bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Strain berry mixture through fine-mesh strainer into medium bowl, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible; discard solids. Whisk in vinegar.
- Shrub syrup can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 month. Shake well before using.