CSA Stands For Community Supported Agriculture
CSA is a weekly subscription to a season’s worth of sustainable, locally grown produce that is distributed to members throughout the harvesting season. CSA members enjoy the quality of fresh fruits and vegetables each week, while supporting their local farmer.
Getting food from a CSA is different from going to a farmers market or using a grocery delivery service. Your produce is picked the very day you pick it up, at the height of it's natural season, ensuring the absolute best quality and nutritional value possible for you and your family. No extra packaging, transport, or time wasted!
As a CSA member, you make a seasonal commitment to us, and in turn we make a commitment to you. CSA members take pleasure in knowing where and how their food is grown, and have an open line of communication with us. It is our goal to actively teach our members how to use the food they receive each week.
CSA is perfect for people interested in:
investing in food security;
preparing healthy foods for their families;
supporting their local farmer;
being kind to our planet;
trying new kinds of veggies;
being adventurous in the kitchen.
*CSA Tip- when CSA begins, you'll receive a Handbook that explains how to eat seasonally and store your produce!
When does the CSA season begin?
(New For 2022!) Our 22-week CSA season begins May 31, 2022 and culminates October 28, 2022.
What can I expect in my weekly share?
Your share is determined by seasonality and will be different each week.
You can expect plenty of greens and cool weather crops during June, followed by a wider variety of fruits and veggies in the summer months. In September/October, we'll have a mix of late summer crops and early fall squashes, as well as local apples.
*CSA Tip - The first couple of weeks will seem a little "lighter", so we add value to your share with items such as our local Honey!
Examples of Past Shares...
Pick Up Days
Available Pick Up Days and Times:
Tuesdays from 3pm-6:30pm
Wednesdays from 8am-11am *sold out
Thursdays from 3pm-6:30pm
Fridays from 8am-11am
*CSA Tip - Please choose and commit to only one of the available options. Committing to the same pickup day each week is imperative to ensure we pick and pack your produce THAT VERY DAY for YOU!
*New* Member Portal!
See what's in your share for the week, schedule vacation holds, reschedule or hold your share, and communicate with us.
- Private Facebook page for 2022 CSA members only. Share ideas, recipes, questions, and more.
- Free Barnyard Admission for you and your family once a week!
You and your immediate family receive FREE visits once a week during the CSA season! When you arrive at our Barnyard, give your name (the name your CSA is under) to our booth attendant and they will check you in. Our regular Barnyard hours are Mon-Friday 8:30-6pm and Saturday 8:30-5:30pm. Hours are subject to change or close due to weather.
- All returning CSA members receive a $20 Gift Card to our market and greenhouses with 2022 purchase! Gift card will be included at the time of your first pickup, in May/June.
A Note About COVID-19
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we've updated our pickup logistics accordingly to provide our customers with a 'drive-thru' style.
Share Sizes and Pricing
Now Offering Gift Certificates!
Purchase a gift certificate through our online portal for personal, half, or full share OR a gift certificate for a monetary increment of your choice.
- Great for one person, or for a couple.
- Averages out to approximately 8-10 lbs of produce per week.
- Great for a family of 3-4 people.
- Averages out to approximately 12-15 lbs of produce per week.
- Great for a large family of 5 or more.
- Averages out to approximately 23-27 lbs of produce per week.
CSA Add Ons
Abma's Fresh Eggs
- White eggs from our White Leghorn Hens; Brown eggs from our Rhode Island Reds.
- Locally produced and bottled milk from Springhouse Creamery, located in Fredon, NJ.