CSA Stands For Community Supported Agriculture
CSA is a weekly subscription to a season’s worth of sustainable, locally grown produce that is distributed to members throughout the harvesting season. CSA members enjoy the quality of fresh fruits and vegetables each week, while supporting their local farmer.
Getting food from a CSA is different from going to a farmers market or using a grocery delivery service. As a CSA member, you make a seasonal commitment to us, and in turn we make a commitment to you. CSA members take pleasure in knowing where and how their food is grown, and have an open line of communication with us. It is our goal to actively teach our members how to use the food they receive each week.
CSA is perfect for people interested in:
preparing healthy foods for their families;
supporting their local farmer;
being kind to our planet;
trying new kinds of veggies;
being adventurous in the kitchen.
When does the CSA season begin?
Our 18-week CSA season begins in late May and culminates in late September.
The exact dates of the 2020 season are May 26 through September 23.
What can I expect in my weekly share?
Your share is determined by seasonality and will be different each week. You can expect plenty of greens and cold weather crops during May and June, followed by a wide variety of fruits and veggies in the summer months. In September, as the weather starts to cool again, we'll have a mix of late summer crops and early fall squashes, as well as local apples.
Examples of Past Shares...
Pick Up Days and Perks
Available Pick Up Days and Times:
Tuesdays from 3:30pm - 6:30pm
Wednesdays from 8am-11am
Additional Perks of Being a CSA Member:
- Private Facebook page for this year's CSA members only. Share ideas, recipes, questions, and more.
- Free Barnyard Admission for you and your family once a week!
Share Sizes and Pricing
- Averages to $21 per week.
- Great for one person, or for a couple.
- This share contains approximately 5-8 different produce items.
- Averages to $31 per week.
- Great for a family of 3-4 people.
- This share contains approx. 12 lbs of produce.
- Averages to $53 per week.
- Great for a large family of 5+, or for splitting between two smaller families.
- This share contains approximately 25 lbs of fresh produce.
CSA Add Ons
Abma's Fresh Eggs
- White eggs from our White Leghorn Hens; Brown eggs from our Rhode Island Reds
- Locally produced and bottled milk from Springhouse Creamery, located in Fredon, NJ
- Locally produced and bottled wine from Tomasello Winery, located in Hammonton, NJ