- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 1/2 cups scallions thinly sliced (about one bunch)
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 lb green tomato diced
- 1 cup vegetable broth low sodium
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Heat oil in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat.
- Add scallions, garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until scallions are tender and lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth and water, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer, partially covered, until tomatoes are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Season soup with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with sour cream (optional).
Note: Mix red tomato with the green for a sweeter soup.
Recipe by Tiziana Conte, Abma's Farm Head Chef